Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fabulous 4 (well, almost)

Hunter will be 4 in about a month, and I forgot how much I love this age.

He is eager to be a helper--which means that when I ask for something to get done (like get something from the fridge), he will try and TACKLE Lori to get to it first. I also love that I can get him to do many things that he might not be crazy about, just by telling him he can do it himself.

His attention span is amazing, especially when Lori is at school. He can sit and play with his cars or Legos for at least 30 minutes at a time, and I love watching his imagination at work. It is also so much fun to see how his fine motor skills have developed. Just the other day he was twisting something open, which he couldn't do a few months ago. He is so attentive when he colors, too.

He is talking non-stop, especially when we are in the car alone. When I start to get annoyed by it, I remind myself that 2 short years ago, we contacted Birth to 3 because we were worried that he wasn't putting words together. Be careful what you wish for, right?

His memory is remarkable. While he says "yesterday" for any point in time before this minute, he clearly describes things that happened a long time ago in great detail.

My favorite thing is watching how absolutely sweet and loving he is. He usually insists on hugging and kissing every single person when he leaves preschool, Sunday school, and most family functions, especially his favorite people. As rambunctious and active as he is, he is incredibly sweet and gentle when it comes to little ones, like his baby cousins.

That being said, there are just as many things that frustrate me about this age, but this post isn't about those things--adore it most of the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment