Sunday, February 17, 2013

Rising to the occasion

On Friday, I came down with the dreaded stomach bug. I was at my brother in sister-in-law's house, and all was fine until dinner time, and I just did not feel like digging in to the pizza that we had ordered. It became  apparent quickly that I was most definitely sick.

Since Scott was at work, I had drive the 20 minutes home with the kids by myself, crossing my fingers that I wouldn't need to pull over on the highway. Once I got home, I made a beeline to the couch, and my lovely 5 year old rose to the occasion. Lori loves to play the mommy role, so she jumped right in.

This precious child made sure that she and Hunter got PJs on, teeth brushed, and tucked into bed. She even sang Hunter his bedtime song and then sang her bedtime song to herself.

Seems like not a big deal, but when you aren't feeling well and the only adult in the house at the moment, it is nice to know that your kid can step up and take charge in a situation that isn't ideal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment