Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Restless....

With me, satisfaction is always very fleeting with our work. I always get a little restless with it. 
Geddy Lee 


Musicians are notoriously restless. We are always looking for the next gig, the next piece. I find that in my teaching I feel this way as well. I've been working on my National Board Certification, and I think one of the many reasons that I decided to do this is because I wanted to do something big that didn't entail getting my PhD or administration certification. 

There are moments in my job where I think "Goodness, I'm not sure if I can do this job forever," but at the same time, there is a comfort and ease with knowing my curriculum inside and out and being able to just add and enhance it year after year. 

But then I get that restless feeling again........ 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment