Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite moments of 2012

Hunter skis!! My husband has been trying to get Lori to go skiing for 2 years, and she wants NOTHING to do with it. I was so happy that Scott finally has his ski buddy!

A former student of mine was the lead in "Beauty and the Beast" at her high school. Several other students had huge parts as well--this is remarkable because our school is 1/3 the size of the other middle school that feeds into the hs. This year we have a huge crop of leads in the show as well. Makes me so proud of all of the hard work that my colleagues and I have done in building our drama and music program. Plus, the fun of my daughter and niece meeting "Belle."

I went to Flamig Family Farm with my kids and aunt and cousin. G thought Hunter's ice cream sandwich looked great, so she helped herself.






We won a tour of the Friendly's ice cream factory in Springfield, MA. Amazing experience!! Interesting to see how it was made, impressed with how incredibly clean and well-taken care of the facility was, and there is NOTHING like eating ice cream right off of the line. Yummy!!






 My cousin Christina (Lori's godmother) asked both of the kids and my niece to be in her wedding in May. Hunter was diagnosed with pneumonia 2 days before the wedding--and he was a trooper!! The kids were adorable.






Laurel Music Camp--this was my 1st year really back at camp--although I was there for several days the past 2 years, I was there the entire week this year. Both kids stayed with me, which was awesome, and I really had more fun this year than I have had in a long time. I love that my kids are camp babies, and it was fun to really work with campers again.

In July, we made the trip out to OH for a wedding of 2 college friends. I could have posted a MILLION pictures from the trip, because the whole thing was amazing. So happy for my friends, excited to see so many old friends and in some cases, their children (like my DZ little and big sis in this picture), and mostly, to go "home." Although we live in CT and were both raised here, part of my heart still feels like Columbus, OH is home for me. It was special sharing that beautiful city with the kids.

Speaking of OH, my best friend from high school married one of my college roommates. Short story is FB friends-phone calls-trips back forth-married. I got to be the best man and Scott actually performed the ceremony. I was happy to see everyone get married this year (we had 8 weddings!!), but I can not deny that this wedding was especially close to my heart.


In August, Scott and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in Maine. Alone. For 2 nights. With no kids.


Need I say more??


                                                 

Sending my oldest off to Kindergarten. Bittersweet, but so proud and excited for her.
 Also sent my son off to preschool. That boy had no fear of going to school!!


Love any minute that my kids are with my nieces. They are adorable, and it brings back so many memories of growing up with my cousins as kids. Can't wait to welcome my nephew in 2013!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment