Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm so boring I'm writing about my steam pan!

 Farberware Stack 'N Steam 3-Quart Stainless Steel Sauce Pot Steamer


I was washing dishes tonight and contemplating how awesome my steam pan is, especially with how much use it gets. I think that 5 out of 7 nights I use it to steam veggies or boil pasta. It is small and not really fancy, but it does the job.

Why do I use this so much? I try and make sure that we some kind of veggie with dinner. Since I'm lazy, usually that means opening up a bag of frozen veggies, dump some in the pan, and let them cook while I'm getting the rest of dinner ready. I know that they also make those Steamfresh bags, but I can get a bigger bag of veggies much cheaper and just use my pan. Plus, I never like the way my veggies taste in those bags. My hubby takes steaming one step further. He'll add olive oil, lemon juice, or seasonings to the water at the bottom of the steam pan, and the veggies taste even better. 

Are there any other ways that you like to serve veggies that are as easy as this? Remember, I'm lazy when it comes to cooking, so if it has too many steps, I'm done.









No comments:

Post a Comment