Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What happened to the crafts?

When the kids were smaller, I spent lots of time on websites finding things to keep them busy and engaged, especially on the weekends when Scott worked. Now that they entertain themselves so well, and I can actually do my own stuff when they are up and around, I've become such a slacker.

The kind of thing I used to do with them:



Now, I throw some paper, scissors, and glue out and say, "make a collage!"

I used to also be really into doing a million fun things for each holiday. We couldn't just make one turkey for Thanksgiving. We had to make a handprint turkey, turkey cookies, and I would print off a million different Thanksgiving coloring sheets.



Part of me feels like I am depriving my kids, and then I realize that they are occupying themselves fairly well,  (without hours on end of screen time or computer time), so I should probably stop feeling guilty. Now that they are in school every day (Hunter only in the pm), I like that they can have unstructured time. They aren't involved in a million activities, and they enjoy the downtime.

So I'm going to stop feeling guilty about my lack of craftiness, and perhaps start feeling guilty about never finishing H's baby book.


No comments:

Post a Comment