Monday, April 15, 2013

My favorite kid.

You aren't supposed to have favorite kids. But I do. Here is the thing, it changes all the time.

Lori was my favorite for quite a long time. Especially when Hunter was in the miserable, daily tantrum throwing, impulsive terrible 2 stage. Then Hunter became my favorite. As his language skills developed more, he really started to show his sweet side. He is super caring. Lori started being bratty and overdramatic and was going back to ridiculous tantrums. So he was the favorite.

As quickly as it happened, Hunter began getting moody and overemotional, and Lori was back to being the favorite. I've been sick all weekend, and Lori has been really sweet and helpful. Hunter has been pushing buttons.

Then at dinner today, Hunter looked at me and said, "Mommy, if you're sick, I'll take care of you." Back to being the favorite. Hope he remembers that before he puts me in "the home" someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment