Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Prayers of my children

My kids have gone to Sunday school since they turned 2 1/2-- our church takes them young! We have been blessed with wonderful teachers who really are patient with these little ones.

This year, the focus is on prayer. While I definitely have my personal moments of prayer, I had never nightly prayers with my kids. It has been really great listening to the things that they pray for. We have talked about the fact that we want to thank God for what we have been given, and also ask Him to look over people who need Him.

So here is what my kids prayed for tonight.

H--age 3-- "God. Thank you for construction trucks. And look out for penguins. And people."

Sounds about right for a 3 year old! His prayers almost consistently mention some kind of car or truck--either a thank you or that he wants them. I think he thinks that God and Santa are the same person!

L--age 5--"Dear God. Please help people who don't have houses and lost their stuff in the storm. And help people who don't have food and are trying to go place. And thank you for beautiful dresses."

This just made me laugh--just when I thought that she got the whole idea of thinking of others, she was praying about something girly. The other night she thanked God specifically for crafts, sparkly things, and ornaments.

Through the eyes of a child!!

No comments:

Post a Comment